Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Dream a little Dream of me...

Crazy-ass dreams last night. Won'e go into it, but really weird. I don't remember dreaming so vividly in quite some time.

I discovered a new CD that I just adore. Idina Menzel's Here. Its only a few songs,but damn is she great. (And not in the same way that she's great in Wicked. Her song "You'd Be Surprised" really hit me the first time I heard it. I'm going to start calling it my own personal anthem, or mantra:

"You'd Be Surprised"
You’d be surprised at all that I’ve become
You’d be surprised, I changed while you’ve been gone
And I’ve learned so much more from you then I could ever say
If you were here, I think that you’d stay
You’d be surprised how far these arms can reach
You’d be surprised that there’s a promise I can keep
Would you believe that I seldom fall to pieces anymore
If you were here you’d like what you saw
You’d be surprised
If you were here we’d make up time for all that’s disappeared
And I’d hold you like I never could
You’d be surprised my life is often sweet
You’d be surprised, it’s you who brings me peace
And for some unearthly reason it takes losing you to see
If you were here, I’d know just what you need
You’d be surprised I loved you all along
You’d be surprised and I’ll confess when I am wrong
And I see the world around me in a slightly softer shade
If you were here you wouldn’t walk away
You’d be surprised
If you were here we’d make up time for all that disappeared
And I’d hold you like I never could
You’d be surprised
If you were here we’d make it right
There’d be no tears and you’d confide in me
And I’d be there, I’d be there

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home