Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Friday, January 07, 2005

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

Many apologies to any regualr readers out there. I've been horribly delinquent about updating my weblog. Really, aside from just being overwhelmed by life I have no good excuse...

December was nuts.

I was sick. Almost the whole month. I won't go into the details, but after Christmas I went to the hospital, got some good drugs, and now I'm fine. Yay, drugs. Yay, Brian who put up with it. Yay, Mom and Brian who took care of me.

Also made it to New York twice. First was up with mom and the girls (Shannon, Julia, Laura) and Brian. Shannon auditioned for (and got into) the American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA). We saw the Radio City show (I hated it). And just generally wandered around. Second time was supposed to be with Shannon, however, misunderstandings and hurt feelings, and other bad sister stuff meant that Brian and I went by ourselves. We pretty much bummed around the city and just relaxed. It was like a mini-vacation. I really needed it.

Christmas was nice. Spent Christmas Eve with my Mom and Charlie. There was no midnight church service this year,which was dissapointing. However, we went to the 7pm service. Rachel Silbaugh and I did our yearly catch up. Christmas morning was spent at Mom's, then Dad's, and then Brian's. It was really nice to spend some quality time with Brian's family. Unfortunately, I was very ill Christmas afternoon.

New Year's Eve was certainly an adventure. Brian and I went to Philly to visit with some of his friends. We were out till two and then couldn't get a cab to get home. (Philly's public transit leaves little to be desired). There were 7 of us altogether, so of course we split up. Brian and I sucked it up and walked toward Jimmy's apartment. Eventually we got a cab. Everyone else stayed closer to downtown and had to wait forever... they ended up taking the bus back. New Years day was spent sleeping in and then we went to King of Prussia on our way home. I've never been there before, so that was cool.

In between holidays and sickness, i've still been rehearsing for Harvey. It's going surprisingly well. I only have one cast member I'm worried about not getting it together before we open. But other then that it's going to be a good little show.

I had a very Zelda Christmas. There always seems to be a theme to my gifts each year. This year was definately Zelda. I got several of the books I had asked for. Brian surprised me with a copy of Zelda's book Save the Last Waltz which has been out of print for about 40 years. My brothers each got me Legend of Zelda tshirts. One I particularly like says "Don't make me go Zelda on you."

Ok Colette, I'm ready to do it again. let's go... :-)

In other more recent news: I'm choreographing my first show. It's a little exciting, a little scary. I'm doing Anything Goes for the high school. yeah. Tap. Ciara thinks I can do it. Ok then, I guess I can. MMwwaahhhhhh. I'm also doing publicity again. But I've got that under control.

Really wanted to go to Seasame Street Live auditions today. Unfortunately, at my job, where I never have anything to do, I have a ton that I ahve to do today. grrrr. This is the first time work has kept me from an audition. Maybe I can get in and get stuff done and then go. We'll see. Tomorrow Bri and I head back to New York for Texas Shakespeare Auditions. I'm also going to try to get into North Shore Auditions on Sunday. Might get to say hello to my pal Greg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home