Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

2 margharitas and a percoset

What a crazy, yet boring life I lead. I spent Saturday and Sunday in State College. Brian and I went out for dinner and then to see Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. My back was killing me (Although not as much as it had the day before thanks to my personal PT Franny) so it was a nice low-key way to spend the evening. Sunday I got some Harvey work done while Brian had rehearsal and then we went to the mall. P.S. The "mall" in State College is pa-thet-ic.

I came back Monday morning just in time for my readthrough for Harvey. And I mean just in time. I got there at 10:02. Followed by a fun-filled day of YCP and an evening of disorganized Susky play. All day my side had been hurting - almost like a runner's cramp. I thought I had just slept wrong and so I ignored it. By the evening it hurt so bad I couldn't function. I was freaking out because it could've been something serious and I don't have health insurance... yikes. When I finally got home, Franny took a look and was befuddled, so she prescribed ibuprofen and acetominiphen and bed. When I woke up this morning I felt fine. I even went to tap class. It's starting to bother me a little sitting at my desk, but maybe it's just my posture??? Maybe I spend too much time sitting? (I could only hope.)

Tonight I'm going to relax and think about my upcoming auditions. I feel like i'm getting back in the swing of things. I'm auditioning for a tour of Grand Night For Singing on Friday and on Tuesday I'm auditioning for Beauty and the Beast (a regional production in OH). This weekend is also Shannon's AMDA audition, so the girls (mom, Julia, Laura, Shannon, and I) are going to the city for the weekend. I'm going up a day early and staying with Rachel. I can't wait. I've been to the city once since I moved and I'm itching to go back. My friends are trying to gather on Saturday evening which will be WONDERFUL. I was looking at pictures from school and I really miss those clowns. It feels like another lifetime ago.

Anyhow, off to find non-dorky, but touristy things to do in NYC for the German.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home