Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

So much to do...

Two updates in one week... how exciting.

Anything Goes auditions begin tonight. I'm a little bit nervous, as I've never choreographed anything before. However, I spent last night coming up with 8/8's of movement and 6/8's of tap and I hope it's not too hard. Although, I do seem to remember Ciara's Oz combo being pretty difficult.

I also applied for a ft job in the city. It's an amazing opportunity to work at the Skirball Performing Arts Center at NYU (the largest PA center south of Times Square). Thinking long and hard about it, I'm not sure how I could pass it up. It pays well enough for me to live in the city and be comfortable, it also comes with the perks of being part of a university - health center, gym, entertainment, voice lessons... So maybe it will be back to NY afterall.

Spent the weekend in the city. It was a really delightful weeekend. Brian and I got in about 1pm and had plenty of time to hang out and relax before heading in to Manhattan for my 4pm audition. My audition was good. I felt really good about it. I haven't been nervous in quite sometime, but this was my first audition in a while and it was a monologue audition on top of it. Afterward we met up with Ben and Mike to deliver a christmas gift of my 8th grade woodshop project clock. Mike started collecting clocks and hanging them in their kitchen. Most of them are pretty awful (my fav is one of the Last Supper) and my mother and I thought of my homemade clock. They loved it.

As I've said before, spending time with Benjamin is one of my favorite things to do. I really got a double dose because I was with Brian and Ben. I felt so good, I even drank a little!

Bizarrely enough, Ben lives down the street from our stage manager from Emma and Company, Tara. So of course we had to stop in and see Tara for a bit. It was truly a trip down memory lane!

Brian and I tried to go to Serendipity, but not thinking about it, it was a Saturday night and the place was extremely busy. I thought I overheard someone say it was 2 hour wait. We'll have to go on a weeknight sometime. We walked from there (60th and Lex) all the way to Times Square looking for someplace to get dessert. I was hoping to find a Cosi, but alas we had to settle for overpriced ice cream at TGIFridays.

Sunday, I was up early to go to the North Shore EPA. I didn't get seen, but I did leave my picture and resume and I got to hang out with some of the younger NYU kids who were there. They filled me in on all the gossip. It sounds like things are going well for everyone there.

Brian and I went for brunch at my favorite brunch place Sotto Voce. It's a tiny little restaurant in Park Slope Brooklyn. I wanted Brian to experience a "NY Brunch" because it's pretty awesome. I think he'll agree! We did a little shopping at Capezio and the Drama Book Shop and then it was off to Brian's audition. His first New York Audition!!!!! He said he did okay. I'm sure he was great. While we were there, I was reading one of my Zelda books and the guy sitting next to me said that while he was in London he saw a musical about the Fitzgeralds. I asked him about it... hahahah. It was, of course, the evil Beautiful and the Damned. We talked briefly about the various musical versions. It was very interesting to meet someone who had seen it.

After the audition. We headed back to Brooklyn and then back to State College. Oh, did I mention that Brian moved out of the Frat House? HALLELUIA!!!!!!!

So that's all for now. Just kinda rolling along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home