Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Monday, October 04, 2004

Camping and Zelda

I had a fantastic weekend of camping! Brian and I went out to "the falls" near his house, which I have to say is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I will post pictures when I get them... We set up camp literally right next to the water. Brian attempted to build a fire for dinner (I say attempted because, it took him two hours, and when I built one the next day it only took about 10 minutes), and we made burgers and baked potatoes. Yummmm... All I asked for was to sleep in a tent and cook on a fire. We sat and talked and stared at the dying fire for a long time. It was really very nice.

I won't go into it, but it was pretty cold in the middle of the night. I didn't sleep very well because I was so cold. Apparently, I whined about it all night too... hahahahahaha!!!! The next day we got up, made breakfast and broke down camp. I had a lot of fun.

Sunday afternoon we went to Colette and Glenn's so Brian could get info for his Cole Porter/Zelda project. I got pictures! Finally! And we sat and watched most of the Zelda DVD. It was bizarre watching the video for two reasons. 1: I was reminded (Brian said this too) of how awesome it was to work on this project. I was getting really involved in watching some of the scenes. It wasn't a bad little show. 2: It was weird to watch Brian and I on stage together, knowing how things ended up. If I had only known then what I know now.... hehehe. While we were there Colette mentioned some projects/opportunities coming up, and I threw out the idea of doing the Luce play The Last Flapper as a benefit for future productions of Zelda. I'm wondering now if Zelda is something that New Stage Collective would do. hmm....

Anyhow, as soon as I can get flickr to work, i'll post a few Z pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home