Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's the day of the show, y'all

Cabaret tonight! one of my favorite moments of directing/producing is that second that you realize that there is nothing more you can do and the show will have to run like a well-oiled machine. It's scary and exhillarating. Yesterday, at the end of our tech, came a modified version of that feeling. Modified because we still have to soundcheck two songs, one of which I haven't heard at all yet. But still... I can focus on my own performance at this point.

I am going to look hot tonight. I have a new black dress and shoes. My highlights are done. I have a manicure on the schedule for today. Sorry if you have to miss it.

So as always, it was wonderful to see Ben yesterday. I say it over and over and over again, but I am so blessed to have him in my life. He gave me a hug and I suddenly felt calm and confident. A girl couldn't ask for anything more. And to top it off, he is performing tonight, and damn is he good!

In other news: I had an audition and callback for Much Ado About Nothing. They both went well. Had to sing and play clarinet, which is a great prep for Company which is coming up this week. Also have an audition for Urinetown next week. So, life is pretty good all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home