Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just Kiss Me Once and Kiss Me Twice...

Then kiss me once again,
It's been a long long time.
Haven't felt like this my dear
Since, can't remember when
It's been a long long time...

Ok so it's been a while since I've updated here. I started writing on my friendster blog, but I think I'll be back to Blogspot for a while.

So much going on (as always). The biggest thing at the moment is the Red Door Cabaret. My theatre company's very first performance. I feel like a mother who's baby is taking its first step. I'm beaming! Some of my favorite people are performing, and I might sing something too. I don't even care how successful the event is financially, I'm just so glad to be doing something like this.

FYI: If you wanna come and haven't gotten one of the 500 emails I've sent:

The Beginning: A Red Door Theatre Cabaret
Sunday, May 14th at 7PM
The Duplex www.theduplex.com
Featuring: Dana Danson, Liz Donathan, Benjamin Eakeley (Sweeney Todd), Deena Eddy, Tanya C. Edwards, Vladimir Lapin, Jennifer Little (Phantom of the Opera), Jarret Mallon (2006 Carbonel Nominee), Katie Michalek, and Kyleen Milton
Hosted By: Richard Wallace
Directed By: Kate Erin Gibson (ME!)

The other exciting part about this is that so many old friends who I haven't seen in years have told me they are going to try to be there. Friends from grad school, friends from college, even friends from high school...!

Speaking of High School. My class is officially having a class reunion this year. I can not believe I've been out of high school for ten years already. Amazing. The reunion is in September at Oregon Ridge. Gives me plenty of time to do two things: Get into fantastic shape, and get a broadway show. ;-)

Lately, thanks to the magic of the internet, Myspace and Friendster, I have been talking to people I feel like are from a past life. It's become a daily thing to chat with Brian Pippin, whom I went to high school with but probably haven't spoken to since the 8th grade. I also had dinner with John McLaughlin, another high school classmate, whom I definately was not friends with at all, but whom now lives in Manhattan with his fiancee Emilie. It's just really crazy and overwhelming to realize how small the world is. I mean in Astoria alone (my little corner of New York City) live about 3 friends from high school, 7 or 8 friends from college, a handful of friends from NYU and friends from other parts of my life. Astoria isn't all that big!

Anyhow. My sister is here to meet me for lunch. To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home