Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Friday, August 20, 2004

So perfectly describes my summer...

...this is a song from my graduate recital, that I've now had the pleasure of experiencing...

Oh, it's way past time when I should be home in bed.
But, i'm standing here in the moonlit street instead.
I want to drink the breeze in and bathe in lantern light.
Oh, my reason's gone and I blame it on the summer night.

I see couples pass and their eyes are luminous
And they smile at me as if to say "you're one of us"
What's going on here? The streets are full of lunatics
Sharing some pagan rite.
If we're here till dawn can we blame it on the summer night.

I keep remembering his eyes
fiery pale in the moonlight
Spinning my heart into an endless flight
But I'm not to blame, it's just the shameless summer night.

I've got to stop this.
I've never felt so giddy.
Why are the stars so bright?
Through the streets I wander and blame it on the summer night.

Maybe the sun will come soon.
Maybe the morning will save me.
Clearing my mind, giving me back my sight.
But for now I'm stuck in the sweet seductive summer night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home