Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Strange Dear, But True Dear...

Went to see De-Lovely with Brian, Colette, Meg, Krissy, Erica, and Janna. It was quite a lovely movie, my only complaint was the cheesiness of "Blow, Gabriel, Blow" near the end of the movie (I like the song, I just hated the way it was used.) Kevin Kline was magnificent. I'm very glad that Brian got to see this movie, having gotten to live with Cole Porter for some time.

Speaking of those characters, I've become obsessed. Brian and I talked about it tonight. I'm having a very difficult time letting this woman go. We are so similar in many ways that I can't seperate the two. I'll admit, part of me doesn't want to. I'm looking forward to the NY version and because of that I can't just walk away. I'm hoping that The Secret Garden will be something of a distraction for me...

Along similar (but not) lines, I'm real tired of people telling me that I'm a bitch. I know I'm a bitch. Let it go. I'm ok with it, and if you're not then walk away. I don't expect everyone to take to me. I'm self-centered, controlling, bossy, and interminably focused. And if I wasn't I wouldn't be able to do what I do. There are very few people that I try to break down these walls for... (thank you, bri, for letting me be me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home