Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

WOW!

So much has been going on in the past week. I can't believe I haven't had time to blog...

Been spending more and more time with a certain someone. Things are really good, and I haven't smiled this much in a long time.

Work, is work. The schedule is good. It's taking a lot of patience to sort out my audition life and figure out how to fit everything in. It's weird to not have a computer in front of my 24/7 and so not be able to do nearly as much multi-tasking as normal. In a way it's making me slow down which is good.

Red Door: I think casting is complete. Stilll looking for an SM. Brian has left the project and I believe Richard is going to direct, if not I will... Very happy with our cast choices. They will be brilliant.

Chris and Rachel's Wedding: it was lovely. Very happy for them. There was a toast that stuck with me a bit: L = Listen, O=Observe, V=verbalize, E=Enjoy. These are the keys to a strong healthy relationship. Perhaps they've stuck with me as I'm putting an unhealthy one behind me and beginning a brand new one.

MOST IMPORTANT: Tuesday Collete and Quigley came up to the city and the three of us, plus Joel and Aaron made a pitch to Cherry Lane Theatre in the West Village to produce Zelda. Our pitch included scenes and songs and I fell in love with it all over again. It was amazing to do scenes with Joel after two years have passed. it was as if nothing had changed. I was really glad to have Quigley there too. We got to sing "Prohibition" together which was a blast. it was really special to have Aaron there too. I roped him into playing Ernest Hemingway which means he's now a part of the history of the piece. A bit nervewraking to have him there, as it was the first time he ever saw me perform, but I'm so glad that Zelda was the first thing he saw. Cherry Lane basically said, we can't afford to produce this alone, but we love it. We'd love to assist with a backer's reading. Now Colette can take that info to Pittsburgh for a little extra clout, and we'll see what happens. I'm always in a funk when I have to put her away, so kudos for Aaron for putting up with me. And with faith it won't be another two years before I get to play with her again.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Zelda! Yay Aaron! Yay new relationships! Yay closure! Yay Red Door! Yay Richard! YAY! YAY, I SAY!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger PocaRoja said...

YAY KYLE! (cause she said it all so well!)

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Yay indeed. Yay you.
Seth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home