Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rachel and Chris

I have been newly in touch with many friends from high school and college recently (thank you, myspace). And I'm not entirely amazed at the number who are married and have families. But I'm going to a wedding next week which has a very special place in my heart: Rachel and Chris's.

I lived with these two beautiful people for a year, before they were even considering dating. We were just three roomies. It was a year of fighting over the room with no window, eat-with-your-hands night, hard boiled eggs, Law and Order, double dates, bitch sessions about GG, impromptu monologue coachings, daily poetry premieres, big Frank, Little Toninos, penis cookies, opening the door for Elijah, dealing with dial-up and the F train. What a crazy household! We went through finding Rachel dates, Chris dating my best friend from home, and my dating fiasco with Geoff. Then there was the double date that Rachel and I went on with Chris' friends Sonny and Ed.

No where in there, did I see this relationship blossom. And amazingly, they are so perfect for each other, how did the three of us miss it for so long?

So next saturday, they get married. I can't wait. I've been to weddings where I knew the couple, was friends with them. But I feel a real bond with these two, and I'm already overwhelmed at the prospect of them joining together eternally.

On top of it, I think many of our class will be there, and it's been ages since we've had a PARTY!

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Rachel! (And lucky Chris, even though I don't know him!) Weddings are usually special by definition, but it's always nice to attend an especially special wedding.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger mamao4 said...

too bad we are going to yours! hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home