Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Struggling Artist Update

So you all know that I'm leaving Mannes. And I have to say, everyone at Mannes has been unbelievably supportive about me going. One of the benefits of working with all musicians and artists I suppose. I went into a bit of a freak spin when I had to give Georgia an actually date that I'd be leaving. At that exact moment I had 1)no idea what I was going to do afterward and 2) not slept in about 30 hours. However, as Gershwin would say "things are looking up."

I had a callback for work with Story Salad Children's Theatre, a tour of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good,Very Bad Day, which would begin the end of August. There is also had some interest in me for a production of Honkey Tonk Angels out in Colorado which would be a few months worth of work beginning the middle of August. Finally, I had an offer of day work from Richard Frankel Productions promoting Hairspray. This might be the best day job I've ever had an as actor. It allows me mornings and evenings free and it only 5 days a week. My take home pay would be about the same as what I currently take home... I had always heard that these positions existed, I just had no idea how to find them. On top of it, they are cool with me being an actor, most of their promo people are, and many people come and go for gigs. Most important, I can really focus on getting paid work instead of just taking anything.

This is a real turning point in my career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home