Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Update-o-rama

There are some days that leaving South Central Pa seems like a dumb idea. Yesterday was one of those days. If I were to stay here, it appears that I could have all the work I like. Everyone seems to be looking for directors. I now have feelers out for two shows: Ragtime (oh the irony) in Owings Mills, MD and now also Bye Bye Birdie at Eichelberger. Also for those who haven't heard, I've picked up another gig as the long term substitute Performing Arts Teacher at York Country Day School. This job includes directing a musical, supervising another play, advising independent studies (who are producing their own shows), and teaching a middle school class and the upper school Intro to Theatre Class.

Yeah, I'm busy.

However, I'm not staying. I might kill myself if I don't get to a city pretty soon.

In other news, My Fair Lady is going well. I'm usually pretty exhausted by the time I get home at night. We are to be completely off book (memorized) by Monday, so guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend?! (I guess it's good that Brian has tech all weekend...)

Anyhow... I guess I should get my butt moving this morning. Hey maybe I'll go work on my script!

(Less than a month till we know if Zelda is going to the NYMF! www.nymf.org)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home