Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Wow, it's been a long time.

So much has happened in the past year that I'm not even really sure how to backtrack. So let's just start with now.

To catch you up, I'm working as the bar manager at Studio 54. I've been doing this for the run of Sunday in the Park With George which began in January and will end at the end of June. Before that I was the bar manager at the American Airlines theatre for Pygmalion and the beginning of The 39 Steps. I am also working at a fantastic restaurant in Astoria called Bistro 33. French/Asian/"New American" food (the most amazing Sushi in the world). we just won best new restaurant in Queens from TimeOutNY.

I've been studying acting at The Barrow Group with Lee Brock and Seth Barrish. I have an amazing class, and I've made some friends I know I will have forever. Also, The Red Door is building a relationship with Barrow Group that I know will be beneficial to us both. Speaking of Red Door, David Auburn's brilliant brilliant piece Proof is going up at Barrow Group the end of this month. I'm thrilled to be acting in it and working with some of the most fantastic people I have ever met.

I got back into ballet earlier this year, including pointe. I stopped going for a while because of some personal things going on in my life, but I'm happy to report that I went back yesterday and I feel great. Once Sunday and Proof are over, I hope to get back into regular class and back up on pointe.

Of course, it wouldn't be a complete update without news on Zelda and my love life. We took Zelda to Ted Pappas at Pittsburgh Public and did a reading of some scenes for him. He seemed to really enjoy it, gave us some advice, and now it's back to waiting. I wish Colette would let me give her some of my contacts, but I can't push her. It's more her baby then mine.

Aaron and I finally parted ways permanently. It was nasty and ugly and there are lots of skeletons hanging out in closets. But I'm glad to be done with him. My friends and I have nicknamed him "Ass-face" courtesy of Matt Hinkley's great song "Leave Town," which sounds mean but was well-deserved.

I've started seeing someone new, and wonderful. His name is Paul, and long story short, we met a very long time ago, but just recently made a connection. Paul reminds me that there are decent, amazing, kind human beings out there. I so don't deserve him, but I do hope it's a long time before he figures that out. I'm sure there will be many more updates on this front.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home