Kate's Ramblings

A day-to-day insight to the world of the struggling artist... live vicariously!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

On the Road Again

So, I haven't written much, if anything about my tour yet. It's 5 people cramped into a van for hours on end, driving across country. We have different interests, and I'd be hard pressed to say that I'd "hang out" with some of these guys if I wasn't working with them. So, being with them 24/7 has been, ahem, a challenge.

I've been waiting to write until something spectacular made me want to write. Two things happened this week. In Florida we played all different types of venues for all different types of young audiences. One day we wer at a private school, where the kids talked and whispered and got up and moved around through out the show. I wanted to stop what I was doing and tell them to shut up. They didn't want to be there, they didn't care much about us. Fortunately we only had one show that day. The next day, we drove to what appeared to be a very poor section of FL, and did two shows for the most excited and grateful audience ever. They laughed, they clapped, they took something wonderful away. At the end of the show, they started cheering int he middle of the finale. They also stopped the show when the bad guy was facing the business end of a shot gun, with their cheers. This is why we do it. Not for the snotty little shits who get picked up from school in a limo (true story), but for the ones who need all the culture and special things they can get in their poor lives.

The second thing worth writing about is Nashville. I LOVE Nashville. We got in early enough to go explore the downtown area. I took a cab from the hotel and spent the evening by myself enjoying music city. Bought a Cowboy hat, and sat in a wonderful honkytonk bar drinking Jack Daniels (I am in Tennesee after all) and listening to great country music. Can only think of one thing that would have made it better, and that is if Aaron had been along.

On our trek to Washington, tonight we stop in Topeka, tomorrow in Cheyenne (or Denver, but I refuse to sleep on another sofa - story for another day) and then we hit the Seattle area.

I will post some pictures as soon as I find the appropriate cord for my camera.

Three weeks til I get my equity card!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home